RAW programs operate statewide in rural and remote Tasmanian locations. All programs operate with the same underlying evidence-based suicide prevention framework.
Anyone can call or make a referral to RAW, if they are worried about someone. Individuals can also self refer to become a program participant.
For individuals referring themselves, it can be easier to call RAW on 1800 RAW TAS (1800 729 827 ) and complete the details required for a referral over the phone with staff.
RAW's intake team assess each referral to ensure it meets the necessary criteria and allocated to the correct program.
Key criteria includes but not limited to;
If the referral does not meet the criteria and is not accepted, RAW staff will contact the referrer to provide information on more suitable pathways and support options.
If you still have questions, we have put together some of our most asked questions below. Just scroll down to read more.
We have put together some of our most asked questions to help make it easier for you.
- No. RAW can provide support to anyone in a rural or regional area
- No. RAW services are available to all individuals living in a rural or regional area
- Absolutely. You can self refer by calling 1800 RAW TAS (1800 729 827) or by filling out the referral form below.
- No. RAW provides non-clinical support, which means we do not require you to have a diagnosis before being able to access services or become a program participant. We can also assist you in navigating the appropriate clinical referral pathways if you wish.
- You must be over 14 years of age to access our services. If you are concerned for someone younger, you can still call 1800 RAW TAS and we can help assist you in navigating the appropriate referral pathways for their age and needs.
- We have recently invested in some new staff members which means we no longer have any waiting times preventing you from accessing psychosocial supports.
- Our support services are provided at no cost to the participant. This is made possible due to the generosity of our Program Funding Partners.
The only program that has a fee attached is our accredited mental health training courses.
- We can meet you anywhere you feel most comfortable. We travel anywhere in Tasmania, including its Islands
- No. Our model is based on a prevention first framework, so we would encourage you to contact 1800 RAW TAS if you have noticed any change in your mood no matter how small that change may be.