RAW's programs operate statewide in rural and remote Tasmanian locations. All programs operate with the same underlying evidence-based suicide prevention framework.
RAW provides practical and tangible interventions, to promote positive mental health, reduce stigma, address life stressors and provide access to specialist support services for people who live in Tasmania's rural and remote areas.
RAW is ‘non-clinical’, genuine, and non-intrusive. The service is confidential with no waiting lists or fees.
RAW's team has a dynamic range of qualifications and lived experience, which enables one-on-one support to be authentic and personal. RAW works collaboratively with shared goals to get the best outcome for program participants.
RAW conversations take place where program participants are most comfortable, for example: in the paddock, football field, timber yard, docks, or a nearby local cafe.
PROGRAM FUNDING PARTNERS:
We have put together some of our most asked questions to help make it easier for you.
- No. RAW can provide support to anyone in a rural or regional area
- No. RAW services are available to all individuals living in a rural or regional area
- Absolutely. You can self refer by calling 1800 RAW TAS (1800 729 827) or by filling out the referral form here.
- No. RAW provides non-clinical support, which means we do not require you to have a diagnosis before being able to access services or become a program participant. We can also assist you in navigating the appropriate clinical referral pathways if you wish.
- You must be over 14 years of age to access our services. If you are concerned for someone younger, you can still call 1800 RAW TAS and we can help assist you in navigating the appropriate referral pathways for their age and needs.
- We have recently invested in some new staff members which means we no longer have any waiting times preventing you from accessing psychosocial supports.
Our support services are provided at no cost to the participant. This is made possible due to the generosity of our Program Funding Partners.
The only program that has a fee attached is our accredited mental health training courses.
- We can meet you anywhere you feel most comfortable. We travel anywhere in Tasmania, including its Islands
- No. Our model is based on a prevention first framework, so we would encourage you to contact 1800 RAW TAS if you have noticed any change in your mood no matter how small that change may be.